Q: Stabilitrak

Driving down the road truck started to slow down and not shift, breaks got hard ,pulled over and front breaks locked up and traction fault service stability system came on my dash. About 2 hours later I tried for the last time to see if everything went back to normal front breaks unlocked and message was still on my dash

A: Your car is equipped with what are called w...

Your car is equipped with what are called wheel speed sensors which monitor the speed of the wheels at all four corners. When they detect that wheel speed is out of the ordinary in a given set of conditions, this information is relayed to the car's computer which then engages the ABS system or the traction control system. Occasionally, these sensors will go bad causing them to send inaccurate information to the ECU causing the lights to come on intermittently or when not needed. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and possibly replace your wheel speed sensors.