Q: Brand new battery. car won't start 1996 Saturn SL. Went to the store just fine. Go to leave won't start, made noise, now nothing.

Hello, i bout my car about 6 months ago. Cat would someyime not start, would get it jumped and then it had no problems till a week ago (it now September, 2017). Had to jump my car before every use. I got a new battery and car started up just fine. Then today (September 3rd) got home with no trouble. Maybe 30 minutes later leave to go to the store, again car starts up just fine. Leave store maybe 3 minutes later and car attempted to start even made noise (typical engine starting noise). Then went to nothing, now doesn't even make noise. What is the problem.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing to check with your starting issues are the connections to the battery. Make sure the battery cables are clean, dry, and tight. From there, you will want to look into having your battery and alternator tested. The alternator can become strained when working with a poorly functioning battery, like yours would have been before you replaced the it. If the alternator failed to charge the battery before you stopped at the store, there may not be enough power to start the car. If you have a voltmeter, you can test the power available to the starter. This will let you know if the battery or alternator are to blame. If both are fine, you are looking at a starter or electrical issue.

3. Brand new battery. car won't start 1996 Saturn SL. Went to the store just fine. Go to leave won't start, made noise, now nothing.