Q: Anti-lock disabled message - 1989 Cadillac Allante

The driver information center in my car is showing the "anti-lock disabled" message. I have no problems with the braking system in the car. However, I cannot remove this message. Do you have any idea how I might do that?

A: Most likely, this message is generated by a...

Most likely, this message is generated by a faulty wheel speed sensor, or fault in the brake fluid pressure pump assembly. These systems are tested each time you start your car, and a fault found in this process can disable the antilock braking system if appropriate. Your service brakes MAY perform properly, but without anti-skid protection. However, have a professional mechanic, like a certified technician from YourMechanic, check out this fault, and make needed repairs, such as replacing your wheel speed sensor.