Q: Q: Car overheating in idle

WE HAD THERMSTAT HOUSING REPLACED BUT ITS STILL OVERHEATING RESERVIOR IS FULL RADIATOR IS FULL but it’s iverheating in idle the needle goes all the way to red check gage comes on smokes and then goes down when driving. Bringing it back to mechanic tomorrow what do we expect what could the problem be there are a few leaks on the floor but nothing crazy but the whole engine bay is soak n wet plz help The fans are working belts are in contact no heat in the viechle and very bad smell was smoking but never reaches the red it would go all the way up and then comes down almost a finger nail separates the needle and the red line

It is possible that the leaking part is your water pump. Water pumps tend to leak when they fail as an indication that they are bad. I would recommend having your water pump inspected by a qualified professional to determine if it is functioning properly. Consider YourMechanic as inspection such as this can be performed at your home or office.

3. Q: Car overheating in idle