Q: Clutch pedal bottoming out

The clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor. The fluids are full.

A: There could be a few different components b...

There could be a few different components behind the reason as to why your Ford Ranger’s clutch pedal is going to the floor. The first two components to check are the clutch master and slave cylinder. If either or both of these components are not providing adequate hydraulic pressure to the clutch assembly, then your clutch pedal will have no pressure and fall to the floor. This also prevents you from shifting gears. These two components can be checked by flushing out the old clutch fluid and replacing it with new fluid. If these two components are indeed functioning properly, then the culprit may be the clutch assembly located inside the transmission bell housing. To be 100% certain, it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic. They will be able to inspect the hydraulic components of the clutch system and determine exactly why your Rangers clutch pedal goes to the floor. They will also be able to assist you in making the necessary repairs so you can get your Ford back on the road shifting properly again.