Q: A/C won't turn off. 2006 Ford F150

I have a 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat. My a/c when turned on will not shut off. It will switch in between setting but will not turn off. It will however reset itself if you turn the truck off and then back on. I was recently suggested that it could be the PCM. Just wanted to get some information before I started in that direction.

Hello - there are 2 possibilities here: (1) an electrical switch - HVAC control in the dash or the low pressure switch in the refrigerant line) is keeping voltage on the compressor clutch, keeping it engaged, or (2) the compressor clutch is "sticking" mechanically at the clutch interface, and needs to be replaced. I would recommend an AC inspection to determine which is the problem by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. A/C won't turn off. 2006 Ford F150