Q: P0017 code 2008 Isuzu i-290

asked by on April 29, 2017

p0017 code. Have changed the oil & filter, changed both the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors. Also changed the valve timing actuator solenoid. Still have the code p0017. What can I try next?

Hi There, As you know, code p0017 relates to the correlation of the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors. There are a number of things beyond replacing the sensors that also may trigger this code such as the following:

-Timing chain stretched -Timing belt skipped a tooth due to wear -Misalignment of timing belt/chain -Tone ring on crankshaft slipped/broken -Tone ring on camshaft slipped/broken -Damaged wiring to crank/cam sensor -Timing belt/chain tensioner damaged -An improperly torqued crankshaft balancer

I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.