Q: Hi Ben I noticed That when i took the inertia switch out my truck I heard something one is rattling is that normal

asked by on November 12, 2016

Ben my truck won't start I checked the inertia switch and heard something inside moving freely around almost like a rattle is this normal

Fuel Pump Replacement $130.32 - $1234.40 Get a Quote

The inertia switch has a metal ball inside the switch that will make contact between the two terminals of the switch when working properly. The inertia switch is designed to move the ball away from the contacts in a roll over or an accident then the switch reset would need to be pressed to reset it. A rattle inside is the ball moving around. This is normal. Make sure when the switch is installed and reset you will have power on the pink wire when the key is cycled on. This wire goes direct to the fuel pump. If you do not have power to the inertia switch green wire then replace the fuel pump relay if you have power to the pump and still have no pressure from the fuel pump then replace the fuel pump.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr