Q: Please help 2006 Jeep Commander

asked by on March 12, 2017

Recently bought a 06 commander 3.7l with just under 160k I bought it with a small exhaust leak which I was told was the reason for the check engine light with the 02 sensors well yesterday the check engine light started flashing while I was on the freeway and my jeep did not want to drive! Went right to get the engine light ran in fear of misfire and just an 02 sesnor came up p0052. I was than told to ingnor the 02 sensor and look for a vacuum leak?! Looking for answers curently trying to drive out of state to get the exhaust leak fixed! But also seen alot of issues with the manifold but was told it was just a small leak which replacing the donut cover would fix???

Hello - the P0052 code is for a failing heater circuit on the oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter on cylinder Bank 2. The heater circuit allows the O2 sensor, which helps regulate fuel mixture, and thereby how well or badly you Jeep drives, to heat up more quickly and manage engine efficiency faster. Either the heater portion of the O2 sensor has failed (most likely), or the wiring for the heater is faulty. The exhaust leak will not cause this problem. I recommend an oxygen sensor replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, make this repair, and restore drivability to your Jeep.