Q: Car hesitation and misfires

asked by on February 08, 2016

My car is hesitating, and it also misfires.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $627.86 Get a Quote

Hello. The most common cause of this is a tune up issue. If the spark plugs are worn then this can happen. If the check engine light is coming on I would typically start by scanning the computer for codes. This would tell me if there is a problem with a particular cylinder. If there is then I would start by checking the spark plugs for wear and then replacing the worn spark plugs as needed. It can also be caused by a sensor problem or a fuel system issue. It really depends on what maintenance has been done.