Q: Electric power-steering issue on a Vauxhall Meriva

I have an electric power-steering problem on my Vauxhall Meriva. It's very intermittent because it's normally fine when it's cold I lose power steering and it becomes very heavy. I had the fluid flushed and it is still the same.

A: You have electric power steering. Electric-...

You have electric power steering. Electric-powered steering systems are something that an average guy can’t analyze. You can take it off and put another one on but you can’t analyze it. So, you might call the professionals from YourMechanic. Have them come over and analyze the steering with their scan tools and see if there is a problem in power steering system. If there is, the car will set some codes and they will be able to move forward with a repair from there.