My van tramission fluid all leak out the car, and the car...

Q: My van tramission fluid all leak out the car, and the car isn't shifting gears is acting on neutral ....

asked by on August 27, 2017

I was driving out a store n when I was turning the car didn't go foward as I press the gas pedal i put in park mode it was still moving,as if it in just neutral mode, and suddenly all the transmission fluid was everywhere, ..... i not sure what's going on

Hi there. It seems that your transmission has a large leak. The first thing to do is to move the vehicle to a safe area where an inspection can be performed. Locating what has ruptured, cracked, split, ect... may be difficult if the fluid has covered multiple components. This sounds like a transmission line may have ruptured and caused most of the fluid to leak out. Once the fluid has reached a critical level, internal transmission damage can occur; the automatic transmission operates via hydraulic fluid pressure. The leak/rupture may need to be repaired first to aid in determining any internal transmission damage. Was the vehicle driven any further when the incident occurred? How long did the engine remain running when the incident occurred? And was the engine revved in an attempt to make the vehicle move? These are important questions to which a qualified technician will need answers to aid in the diagnosis. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a (car does not move inspection)[https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-does-not-move-when-i-step-on-the-gas-pedal-inspection].