Q: temperture sensor

every time when i start engine it's temperture always show 90 then after 5 to 10mins running engine it goes up? just want to know is there temperture sensor problem or something else.thanks

A: VW / Audi has had lots of "issues&quot...

VW / Audi has had lots of "issues" with sensors in the early 2000 model years. 2003 is one of them. The coolant temperature sensor is one of the most common. While it’s not unusual for a coolant temperature sensor fault to be set and the Check Engine Light to come on, the most typical fault are erratic gauge readings without setting a fault code.

I had my own experiences with this, having owned VW / Audi products from that time period. The gauge may read cold one moment, then show proper operating temperature the next. The replacement sending units were "improved". If you need help having this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your temperature gauge and verify any needed repairs.