Q: What safety precautions should be followed with the air bag system?

What safety precautions should be followed with the air bag system?

In order to ensure that your air bag system is in working condition and is able to reduce the chance of injury in a moderate to severe impact, several safety precautions should be followed. These include:

• Don’t Deactivate the System: Never attempt to deactivate your air bags. They’re designed to work with your seat belts to reduce the chance of injury.

• Don’t Tamper with the System: Never attempt to tamper with the air bags or other system components, or serious injury could result.

• Don’t Get the Passenger Front Seat Back Wet: The passenger side seat back contains important electronics, and should never be exposed to liquids.

• Don’t Remove Seats: Never remove the driver or passenger front seat, or it could damage the weight sensor or other important air bag system equipment.

3. What safety precautions should be followed with the air bag system?