I was wondering how much it would be to replace vehicle s...

Q: I was wondering how much it would be to replace vehicle speed sensor and serpentine belt. 2005 dodge stratus SXT 2.4L.

asked by on July 23, 2017

Engine squeaks right when I start car, stops squeaking if I rev it. Speedometer doesn't move at all. Feels like I'm stuck driving in 3rd but that might be from the VSS. It's a Mitsubishi chassi with a dodge body.

Your engine have more than one belt and the cause of the noise could be any one of them and also could be the tensioners for the belts not holding enough tension on the belts. The speedometer may be a problem and speed sensor may also be the problem. You would need a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to check and properly diagnose the two problems before a repair can be done.