Q: Won't shift out of park 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

Will not shift out of park. looking for how to release it before changing interlock solenoid. cannot find release button!!

Some vehicles have hidden shift lock solenoids. These are particularly on the vehicles that have a column shifter. It is possible that the steering column trim will have to be removed in order to access it. I would recommend having a qualified technician take a look at it who is very familiar with Chevrolet steering columns. It is possible that the shift lock solenoid is mounted near the brake pedal since the brakes must be applied in order to release the shift lock. I would recommend checking under the drivers side of the dash to see if you can locate the solenoid there as well.