Q: What's the difference between a racing crankshaft and a stock one?

I'm rebuilding my engine kinda wanna hop it up a little bit. I'm going to put racing connecting rods but not sure if I need to change the crankshaft as well ?

Most of the time it is unnecessary to use a racing crank in a street motor, unless you are planning on building a 700HP+ motor. The racing cranks are stronger, better balanced, more aerodynamic, and also much more expensive. Most of the time the rods break before the crank does.

If you are planning on using high levels of nitrous, or boost of some kind, then a racing crank may give you piece of mind, but personally, I would spend my money on cylinder heads that are matched to the other components you plan on using. The key to HP is to efficiently get more air into and out of the engine.

If you run into any issues, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can come assist you with any problems you may come across. Best of luck.

3. What's the difference between a racing crankshaft and a stock one?