Q: I just replaced the battery in my car and as I was driving I stacted to lose power and the car died it cranks but won't start

asked by on February 07, 2017

So I just replaced the battery to my 2007 kid Rio and as I was driving I began to lose power and the car died after several attempts to start it even jump it it cranks but dosent turn over and now my check fuel cap blinks but the car still won't start

The new battery that you bought should be fully re-charged. Confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. Check for the characteristic, but momentary, whirring sound from the in-tank fuel pump at key "on" (this is not a conclusive fuel system test but just gives a quick indication of whether the in-tank fuel pump is dead or not). If the starter motor is turning the engine over rapidly, at sufficient RPM, but the engine does not catch and run, that means that there is an ignition, fuel or air induction fault in the engine that will have to be repaired. To obtain a diagnose and repair of the fault, the service to request is a no start diagnostic. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.