Q: Dash and headlights flash for about 1 minute after shut off

Just replaced the battery and dash and headlights flash for about 1 minute and then shut off. Makes a ticking sound like the emergency flashers are on but they aren't. Any ideas? There are actually 304,900 miles on the van itself but motor and transmission were replaced in 2008. Is this an electrical issue?

Hi there. It sounds like the lighting system has feedback through another circuit. This could be due to a short circuit, open circuit, missing/failed ground point, corroded ground point, corroded connector, loose connector, or relay block faults. With the age and mileage of the vehicle, I would definitely have a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an electrical problems inspection and make any repairs necessary.

3. Dash and headlights flash for about 1 minute after shut off