Q: Loss of acceleration power

asked by on February 26, 2017

Hi i have a 1997 audi a4 quattro 2.8. I recently put in both pre cat o2 sensors and now my vehicle loses acceleration power when driving normal and after moving from slowing down. I have to shut the vehiclw off and turn it back on in order for there to be acceleration. I have checked all hoses for leaks and cleaned out the Crankcase Breather pipe hoses cause there was whitish yelliw goo in them. I am lost for answers here. It accelerates fine before puting in new o2 sensors.

Hello there. When major sensors like the O2 sensors are replaced, and are followed by acceleration and performance issues, it is typically caused by poor electrical connections to the sensors or the ECU needing to be cleared of previous stored error codes. You can have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection to delete the stored codes and inspect your O2 sensor connections.