Q: 2008 GMC Yukon won't start

I'm very frustrated because I had my vehicle towed to the dealership and they replaced the fuel pump. Did it work? NO. I had to get someone to pick me up. Later, about 10 hours, he took me back to my truck and it started just fine. The dealership wants to replace the fuel pump 'again' -- what is your assessment of this?

A: The fuel pump is controlled by a fuel pump ...

The fuel pump is controlled by a fuel pump flow control module. If the fuel pump comes on/off, this could very likely be your issue. The good thing is that the fuel pump makes an audible noise when cranking, so it is easy to see if it is coming on. Now, fuel is only one ingredient needed for an engine to run, the ignition system and induction system also need to be looked at along with engine computer inputs such as the crankshaft sensor. Fault codes, also needs to be read out and corrected. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who have the equipment and expertise for a second opinion on your car starting issue. They will be able to make the necessary repairs to get your car back running.