Q: Transmission Control Module

I KNOW my issue is the TCM needs replaced. My question is can I buy a used one ? If I do buy a used one matching my specs does it need to be flashed or programmed or anything I cannot do myself ? Is it as simple as buying one, and plug and play ?

Hi there. Replacing a transmission control module is not a service that our professional mobile mechanics are able to complete due to the complexity of programming it to link with the ECU. It’s a job that should be completed by an authorized Nissan service and repair facility and should always be done with a new TCM to eliminate possible communication issues.

3. Transmission Control Module