Q: My power outlets stay on after turning off car. I want them to stop supplying power after I turn off car. 2010 Ford Focus.

asked by on August 09, 2017

My cigarette power outlets continue supplying power after I turn off my car. How do I make them turn off after I turn off my car. My Bluetooth accessories don’t work unless power is cut when I turn off my car.

Your power points are supplied direct battery through fuses 3 and 15 in the battery junction box. You would need to alter the wiring of them to have them switched power.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr