Q: Ignition Coil- One Dead coil

Hi, just about to replace a dead coil on a BMW 116i E87 2006 model. Would you recommend doing all four coils or just the dead one. Coils are quite costly at about $100 per coil.

If you find the coils easy to change, then you can replace only the one you need. If you find you have a lot of work to get to them, then replace all of them at the same time to save you time and labor costs in the long run. The coils will last close to the same amount of time and will fail very close to each other. If you decide you would rather have a mechanic do this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to replace your ignition coils for you.

3. Ignition Coil- One Dead coil