Q: Head-up display is backlit on a 2012 Chevy Malibu

I have a 2012 Chevy Malibu. The head-up display is backlit in my vehicle. Dimmer of the backlight from the needles on the gauges have gone out. How do I fix this?

The first thing you want to do is, whenever your dimmer switches, check that. A lot of times, dimmer switches burn out and they will do exactly that. You want to pray it’s that, because if it’s not that, you may be running into bigger trouble.

A lot of times, the circuit boards are warped and then they break down like that. Then you either take it out and have somebody fix the circuit board or buy a new one that costs a lot of money.

So, pray it’s just the dimmer switch that’s breaking down. A lot of times it is. And, if you don’t want to buy a dimmer switch, take the dimmer switch off. Then you can just seal together the two wires so that it will be full brightness all the time and non-adjustable. I’ve done that many times.