I have a 08 Chevy Equinox and 2 weeks ago I was driving a...

Q: I have a 08 Chevy Equinox and 2 weeks ago I was driving and the traction control indicator light came on and suddenly all my clust

asked by on August 19, 2017

My traction control light came on , then all of a sudden my instrument cluster stopped working. All the gauges were reading 0. Then I was losing power. I pulled into a neighborhood and lost power steering and vehicle just stopped and couldn't accelerate. I turned off vehicle and turned back on and lights came on dash but it would not start. What could it be?? TCM, PCM or ECM!?

This problem is due to electrical connections on one or more computers in the vehicle. Try to disconnect and reconnect all the ECU,s one at a time and inspect the connectors for loose or corroded connections. The connections are known to not fit tight and will get small amounts of corrosion and just disconnecting and reconnecting connectors can fix the problem.