Q: Car not starting. Shut down by security system !

asked by on February 15, 2018

So, My Ford Taurus is not starting at all right now. I lost my keys a year back and since then this has happened the 3rd time. One of the mechanics diagnosed it as security system lockdown. Last time it happened, I just took out the wire from the negative terminal of the battery, hooked it again and the car started after that. This time the trick is not working. Can you give me a solution of it this time or any temporary fix to it? I am planning to get rid of my car in few months anyway so don't want a fortune on it. Looking out for a cheaper solution.

Thanks

Please refer to YourMechanic’s on-line tutorial: How to Disable the Immobilizer. If those instructions do not resolve the issue, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.