Q: Misfire

asked by on May 07, 2017

Cylinder 3 misfire engine loses power and acceleration sometimes shakes and the exhaust chugs took it to AutoZone to get it checked these codes came up P0303 P2231 I changed the spark plugs coil wires and the uphill O2 sensor

Other than the spark plugs and wires, components of the fuel system can also cause cylinders to misfire. A loss of compression on a particular cylinder can cause misfires as well. I would recommend having a certified professional run a compression test and fuel pressure test on your vehicle to determine if the fuel and compression readings are where they should be. If not, there are other issues besides the ignition system causing this misfire. Consider YourMechanic for these inspections as they can be performed at your home or office.