Q: Windshied washer fluid

In the nissan manual, it says "Do not fill the windshield-washer fluid reservoir with washer fluid concentrates at full strength." What does that mean? Can I use Prestone de-icer fluid? Is it safe?

A: Hey there. Most windshield washer fluids ar...

Hey there. Most windshield washer fluids are already pre-mixed. The concentrated washer fluid is no yet mixed with water, it is full strength and to caustique for the plastic washer fluid container and other parts of the washer fluid system. Concentrated washer fluid will be significantly more expensive than premixed washer fluid. Washer fluid ranges from $2-$6 and concentrated washer fluid in the same volume will cost significantly more. It is the same as diluting bleach or ammonia at home. If you're unsure of what you are buying, ask for help with this from the local parts store, and they will be able to advise you on replacing the fluid.