Q: What is cause of yaw sensor malfunction

asked by on November 11, 2016

i was rear ended and all of a sudden light on. i took my car to the shop, i was told is the yaw sensor. Prior to the accident there was know light. The shop said this was due to the impact of the accident. Is the shop right

I’ll agree with the shop on this one. The yaw sensor is a very sensitive device designed to measure the sideways force on a car during a turn and it’s part of the Vehicle Stabilization System. It has a small weight inside and measures the force by measuring the movement of the weight. It’s not designed to handle anything like the forces generated in even a minor crash. If you want a second opinion on that code, or if you want someone else to replace the sensor, you can contact YourMechanic and they will send a technician to your home to diagnose the system and tell you what needs to be done.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr