Q: What is cause of yaw sensor malfunction

i was rear ended and all of a sudden light on. i took my car to the shop, i was told is the yaw sensor. Prior to the accident there was know light. The shop said this was due to the impact of the accident. Is the shop right

A: I'll agree with the shop on this one. T...

I'll agree with the shop on this one. The yaw sensor is a very sensitive device designed to measure the sideways force on a car during a turn and it's part of the Vehicle Stabilization System. It has a small weight inside and measures the force by measuring the movement of the weight. It's not designed to handle anything like the forces generated in even a minor crash. If you want a second opinion on that code, or if you want someone else to replace the sensor, you can contact YourMechanic and they will send a technician to your home to diagnose the system and tell you what needs to be done.