Q: Why does my temp gauge read high before car is even started been sittin for bout 3 weeks without a battery

My car lights were left on for day and battery went flat no power at all 3 weeks later brought a battery installed it went to turn car over lights came on but temp gauge went straight to high n car has been off for 3 weeks straight

On some vehicles, the instrument cluster may do a sweep on start-up as a way for the computer to check operation. If the temperature gauge goes to the high mark and stays there, you may have a malfunctioning engine coolant temperature sending unit or sensor. Typically, this can be caused by a malfunctioning sensor, a broken wire or bad corrosion along the circuit.

Have one of our mobile experts perform an inspection to determine the cause for your concern.

3. Why does my temp gauge read high before car is even started been sittin for bout 3 weeks without a battery