Q: Why does my temp gauge read high before car is even started been sittin for bout 3 weeks without a battery

My car lights were left on for day and battery went flat no power at all 3 weeks later brought a battery installed it went to turn car over lights came on but temp gauge went straight to high n car has been off for 3 weeks straight

On some vehicles, the instrument cluster may do a sweep on start-up as a way for the computer to check operation. If the temperature gauge goes to the high mark and stays there, you may have a malfunctioning engine coolant temperature sending unit or sensor. Typically, this can be caused by a malfunctioning sensor, a broken wire or bad corrosion along the circuit.

Have one of our mobile experts perform an inspection to determine the cause for your concern.

• Why does my temp gauge read high before car is even started been sittin for bout 3 weeks without a battery