Q: Jeep doesn't want to start.

For a while my jeep has been experiencing a problem with starting. I do not believe it is the battery as all of the lights and power windows still work. I have to jump my Jeep off every time I need to go anywhere. It sounds very weak when I try to start it.

A: Having to jump start your Jeep every time y...

Having to jump start your Jeep every time you need to drive it sounds like quite a bother. From the symptoms you are describing, it appears your Grand Cherokee may be experiencing an electrical concern. When your vehicle has a good, working battery and still needs the help of a jump to start, then what we see is that the starter is not getting enough cranking amps to turn the engine quickly enough to build up compression. Compression is needed to fire the engine and get it going.

With a concern like this, I recommend finding the assistance of a certified mobile mechanic. They will be able to check over the entire electrical system of your car. As cars gain miles, ground connections weaken and wires themselves can eventually develop corrosion, sometimes even breaking or tearing from being tugged. There is also the possibility of squirrels or other rodents trying to nest in your warm engine and causing their own issues. A certified mechanic will verify the working battery along with the efficiency of the entire charging system, the status of the starter and even the electrical wiring to the starter. They will also inspect the multiple ground connections and ensure that all these components are performing to expectation so every part can work in harmony in their role of getting your Jeep to run.