Yesterday my dad was driving the suv at a shopping mall in slow speed and all of the sudden the car's temperature gauge went from been normal temperature to hot. My dad stop the car and open the hood and we notice that the side of the passenger seat their was a little smoke coming out of a tube near the A/C inside the hood. My dad thinks it is the A/C that is malfunction that cause the vehicle to overheat. Today the corking perfectly and is at normal temperature but their is still a smell of something burning that comes out of the A/C inside the car. What do you think happen? By the way this is an 2001 Infiniti QX4.
My car has 265000 miles.
My car has an automatic transmission.
There are several issues that may have caused the vehicle to overheat ranging from a leak in the cooling system, to air bubbles or some other blockage in the coolant lines. In regards to the smoke coming from near the AC, that was most likely the overflow tank and steam caused by the overheat. When radiator coolant gets too hot, it can develop a pretty harsh smell that stays around for a while.
I think you’re best bet is to contact a local mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, so they can inspect your coolant system to diagnose your overheating problem.