Q: Car feels like it is going to cut off

When I start my car it shakes. The lights flicker and the engine sounds like it's going to stop, when I try to pull off it jerks and feels like it's going to stall but once it gets going it's fine until the next time I put it on.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to offer my insight. You engine may have carbon build up on the valves and clogged injectors. I recommend having the combustion chambers and injectors cleaned. Once this is done then I would clean the throttle body and idle air control valve. This should fix any problems you have.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.