Q: My 2002 cl600 starts then dies what is the problem

asked by on March 16, 2017

It will start then dies what would cause this to happen

Hi there. We recently answered your question at this link. Thanks for writing in.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr

Coolant leak on 2005 Audi A4 2.0L petrol but no engine overheating

You will need to have the cooling system pressure tested to locate the leak. You may have a water pump leaking or a hose that is leaking.

Mitsubishi Eclipse automatic to manual conversion

There will be more than a few changes to the vehicle you will need to do to facilitate this swap. The wire harness, computer, engine and trans mounts, computer, clutch pedal assembly and other items that may not be mentioned....

How many gaskets are found in the upper engine gasket kit for a 2008 Audi Q7

Hi there. You could find a head gasket and the gasket kit from a local parts store or the dealership. The head gasket is sold separately from the upper gasket set. The upper gasket set comes with the intake gaskets,...

Transmission failsafe program

When you get the transmission fail safe warning, it means the transmission controller has detected a fault in the transmission or in the various sensors that it reads. The controller can adapt to a certain amount of wear and tear...

My passenger door won't open from inside or the outside on my 1997 Ford Explorer

Hi there. This commonly happens when the door latch assembly breaks. I have seen this often and it takes quite a bit of work to get it open. The door panel needs to be completely removed. in a lot of...

Security system

The chip key will not work unless it was programmed to work on your 2001 Toyota Solara. You will have to have the key reprogrammed to work with your car or the anti-theft system will not be turned off. You...

Coolant leak and squealing noise

The water pump on your engine is a common failure. The seal, or the bearings can squeak when it is going bad. If the bearings have total failure, the water impeller could contact the engine block and make a significant...

Brakes don’t work in reverse, how does this happen?

The brake issue appears to be a common concern with this vehicle. I did some research and quickly found that there is a recall for the power assisted brakes in your car. The brakes on the Chevrolet Cruze are vacuum...