Q: Maintenance

asked by on September 02, 2016

I’ve had my 2005 Honda Accord for a few years now and I want to take care of it better. It’s got about 70,000 miles on it and I’ve been taking it to the shop very occasionally. What maintenance services would you recommend for a car similar to ones like mine?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

You should mainly do the oil and filter change. The rest of the maintenance is as needed when inspections are done. Some examples of other components that need to be maintained include: air filters, wiper blades, lights, fuel filter, brakes, transmission fluids, and coolant. All of these should be done on a regular basis or as needed. When you get oil changes the mechanic should make recommendations for additional work that is needed. If you’re trying to keep your car in the best shape as possible, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to maintain your Honda Accord.