Q: Can a gasket leak from the intake leak air into the cooling system?

My vehicle is slowly overheating due to bubbles slowly entering into the cooling system... Can a bad intake gasket create this problem? The truck runs fine maybe gas mileage could be better. I tried blue devil followed directions without success.

A: Hi there. An intake gasket leak would allow...

Hi there. An intake gasket leak would allow unmeasured air into the intake and create a lean condition, not an overheating issue. Base on what you've described, it sounds like you may have a leaking cylinder head gasket. Adding sealants to any system can produce more problems than fixes and should only be used in emergency situations. If you need to have this addressed, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the overheating problem and address this issue properly.