Q: I have a 98 Chevy Silverado truck 5.7 liter that also has an alarm. Lately, at times, my truck won't start.

asked by on February 05, 2017

Truck fails to start from time to time lately. My battery is good and everything else comes on (lights, radio, etc.). After trying it a few times it finally turns over as if nothing was wrong. When doesn't turn over when attempt to start it . . . there is no sound when I turn the ignition key.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The could be an issue with the immobilizer system in your vehicle setting the security off causing the engine to not start or not have any power to the ignition switch. If the immobilizer is working properly, then the ignition switch could have failed or there is an electrical issue with the wiring in the steering column. If you need further assistance with your no start condition, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.