Q: What does the Engine Oil Pressure light mean on the dash?

What does the Engine Oil Pressure light mean on the dash?

A: One of the most alarming lights you’ll see ...

One of the most alarming lights you’ll see on the dash of the Fusion is the Engine Oil Pressure light. It looks like a little oil can, and it will come on under a couple of different conditions. Here’s what you should know:

• The light should come on briefly during startup. It should go out again within a few seconds after it has conducted its self-check (to ensure that the light is working).

• The light will come on if the engine experiences a drop in oil pressure. While this may be related to the oil level in the engine, it may also be related to a failure of another part (the oil pump, a blocked screen, etc.).

If the Engine Oil Pressure light comes on in your car, have the vehicle inspected immediately.