Q: Hi, How many hours of labor should it take to replace my AC Compressor.VW repair place says @5-6 hours @ 99. an hour.

I have been quoted $1200. plus, for an AC Compressor replacement. Current one is leaking.They would flush the system etc. Is this reasonable? Their labor cost is 99. per hour plus 695. for compressor. Car is 4 Motion VW Passat wagon, 6 cylinder, 2003, 107,000 miles.

A: Hello. The price that you have been quoted ...

Hello. The price that you have been quoted is comparable to what it should cost at a dealership. When a compressor is replaced it does require that a few other parts be replaced also as well as the system being flushed. If you wanted to save some money you could have this done by an independent repair facility as the parts and labor costs may be less. If you're looking for an alternative route, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue and replace your AC compressor as necessary.