Q: Would a map sensor make your car not hold idle and die , I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota with a 4.7 v8

I bought this truck and the owner says it needs a map sensor. It starts just fine but after awhile the idle starts going up and down then it bottoms out and dies . Is that a map sensor? I took it out and cleaned it and put it back in and the only thing that changed was there's no more black stuff coming out of the tailpipe. Please help thanks

Yes a MAP sensor can cause this problem. The sensor controls how much load is on the engine and will cause the rich running condition. I have never known one that can be cleaned and fix the problem. I recommend replacing the sensor and testing the computer for codes.

3. Would a map sensor make your car not hold idle and die , I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota with a 4.7 v8