Q: No acceleration from stop or especially going up hill - w/my: 2 stroke scooter

Hi guys,

I have a 2-cycle scooter (Tomos) that has no power from start, especially after it's hot. And it's dead slow going uphill from a stop. I can go up a hill easily when I've built up speed & momentum.

The carburetor is old but I've cleaned it up as much as I could with a guitar string & carb cleaner. I've premixed the gas & oil between 32:1 - 40:1 ratio.

PLEASE HELP because it's a fun scooter and I'm trying to conserve gas when I can.

Hi there. We’d love to help you diagnose this issue with your moped, but unfortunately, we only service and provide tips on US sold cars, trucks and SUV’s. You might find some help on an online forum for these vehicles - as there are several.

3. No acceleration from stop or especially going up hill - w/my: 2 stroke scooter