Q: Car has delay when I push on gas

The engine will Rev up for a few seconds when I'm trying to go forward when I stop at a stop sign or light sign and then jolt forward. The transmission oil got changed a couple weeks ago and seemed to help it for a few days but went back to doing this

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like potentially a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.