Q: Noisy rattling sunroof is aggravating

Whenever the sunroof in my 2015 Jeep Cherokee is closed (most of the time), there is a distinct rattling noise. This is obviously an annoying problem to have. It doesn’t really matter what speed I am going, any bump or jitter will make it rattle. This car barely has 1,000 miles on it. What can I do about this, is there a quick fix that will work long-term?

I have heard many owners complain about a rattle or squeaking noise in their sunroofs. One of the potential issues has been a dry seal that once lubricated has fixed some of the complaints. Some owners have had the glass repositioned, while others have had the sunroof readjusted and all hardware tightened. The worse case I have seen was where the entire sun roof assembly had to be replaced due to it being twisted and rattling against the body. My recommendation would be to have your dealer investigate your noise and fix it as soon as possible. Your dealer will help you resolve your issue.