Q: tailgate open warning light comes on when closed

Tailgate open warning light and interior lights come on a lot while driving, going over bumps or stopping. Will come on while parked, especially when parked in heat/sun and causes alarm to go off. I can open tailgate and rub guides with cloth to clean and sometimes this works or just push on tailgate until light goes out. This happened one year ago and we replaced latch and worked fine with no problems at all until now. Should we replace latch again and perhaps the guides too?

A: As the latches wear with use, the switch th...

As the latches wear with use, the switch that turns on and off the light and door ajar gets worn contacts and the latches do not close the switch contact all the way. This is why you can push in the door and the light goes off. Replace the latch and switch and this should fix your problem.