Q: How do I use and adjust the climate control features?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do I use and adjust the climate control features?

Your vehicle is equipped with efficient and easy-to-use controls that can simply adjust everything from temperature to air circulation.

• To use your Temperature Control, first find the knob labeled with red and blue lines located at the center of your dashboard, just below your stereo’s head unit. Simply turn the knob clockwise raise the temperature (red), and counterclockwise to lower the temperature (blue), in your vehicle.

• To use your Fan Control, first find the knob labeled with a four-paneled fan symbol, located at the center of your instrument panel. Again, simply turn clockwise to increase the fan speed, and counterclockwise to decrease.

• To use your Air Delivery Mode Control, first find the air delivery mode knob located at the center of your instrument panel, labeled with multiple symbols representing the mode options:

• To direct airflow to the upper body of seated passengers from the instrument panel outlets, turn the knob to the Vent mode, labeled with a symbol of a passenger with an arrow directed at the face.

• To direct airflow both from the instrument panel and floor outlets, turn the knob to the Bi-level mode, labeled with a symbol of a passenger with two arrows directed at the face and the feet.

• To direct airflow to the floor outlets - with some airflow directing towards the windshield and side window outlets, turn the knob to the Floor mode, labeled with a symbol of a passenger with an arrow directed at the feet. (Floor mode automatically selects outside air rather than recirculation).

• To direct airflow to defog and clear excess moisture from windows while still directing a small amount of airflow to the floor, turn the knob to the Defog mode, labeled with a symbol of a passenger sitting with a windshield above their heads and an arrow directed at the feet.

• To direct airflow to windows to quickly clear moisture and frost while still directing a small amount of airflow to the floor, turn the knob to Defrost mode, labelled with a symbol of a windshield with wavy arrows pointing upward. (Defrost mode automatically selects outside air rather than recirculating). Do not drive your vehicle until all windows are clear of frost to ensure visibility.

• Some vehicles are equipped with a rear window defogger. The button labelled with the symbol of a rectangle with wavy arrows pointing upward on top, located at the center of the instrument panel. Once selected, an indicator light will turn on to indicate this mode is in effect. To turn on or off, simply press the button. An electric grid on the rear window will heat up and clear, for approximately 10 minutes after you have selected this mode.

• To use your Outside Air function, find the button labelled with a symbol of a car with an arrow pointing diagonally downward located at the center of the instrument panel. Once selected, an indicator light will come on to indicate this mode is in effect.

• To use your Recirculation function, find the button labelled with a symbol of a cloud with a curved arrow on top located at the center of the instrument panel. Once selected, an indicator light will come on to indicate this mode is in effect. Use this mode to cool air inside the vehicle more quickly, or to prevent odors and air from outdoors to enter the vehicle.

• To use your air conditioning, first find the button labelled with a snowflake symbol, located at the center of your instrument panel. Simply press to turn on and off. Once selected an indicator light will come on to indicate the air conditioning is in effect. Adjust the intensity of the air conditioning using the temperature knob, explained above. Air conditioning mode may be used in any mode so long as the fan is on. (Air conditioning removes moisture from the air inside the vehicle, so a small amount of water dripping underneath the vehicle while idling with this mode selected is normal.)

• To turn your climate control system on or off, press the Power button labelled with a symbol of a circle with a straight line passing through the top, located at the center of your instrument panel near the buttons mentioned above.

Tips

• Your vehicle may be equipped with an Auto function, which allows your vehicle to judge where is best to direct airflow. To activate Auto mode, press the button labelled AUTO, located at the center of your instrument panel near the buttons mentioned above.

• Vehicles equipped with Auto mode will also be equipped to direct airflow differently for the passenger and driver. While the passenger’s side airflow and driver’s side airflow can be synced by using these controls as directed above, press the passenger temperature button labelled “PASS,” located at the center of the instrument panel, to sync and unsync. When selected, this button will illuminate to indicate the passenger’s side is using a different climate control mode than the driver’s side. Press again to sync both sides. Use the buttons labeled with “+” and “-” symbols to raise and lower the temperature respectively. There are two sets of these buttons, so use the set closest to the driver’s side and passenger’s side to adjust each side respectively.