Q: How do you work the power windows?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you work the power windows?

Your car is equipped with power windows. This offers much greater convenience and ease of operation over manual windows, but you’ll need to know how the system works to get the most out of it. Thankfully, it’s pretty simple. Here’s what you should know:

1. Make sure the key is set to ON.

2. Push down the button for the window you want to operate to roll it down.

3. Pull up on the button to roll the window up.

Tips

• If your car has window locking capabilities, make sure the lock is off to operate all windows in the car.

• Lowering the rear windows only may create a throbbing sound. Crack one of the front windows about two inches to stop this noise.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr