Q: Is it expensive to replace the battery on a Prius?

I'm planning on getting a Toyota Prius but I want to meanie sure it's not that expensive to maintain since I'm going to be using it for commuting

Hi there. Which battery are we referencing here? If it is the 12volt auxiliary battery, you’re probably ok. However, if we are discussing the cost of the high voltage (hybrid) battery, then the dealership is the only place that can provide the price of the actual battery; it does get expensive. A pre-purchase inspection could be worthwhile and give you the information you need to make an informed decision. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a pre-purchase inspection.