What happens when the air condition stops and the check e...

Q: What happens when the air condition stops and the check engine light comes on

asked by on July 21, 2017

My air condition shut off and the check engine light came on

Hello. There are multiple possible sources of this problem, ranging from a pulley or belt that has been damaged, to a sensor failure or electrical malfunction. The check engine light will be triggered by a trouble code that will probably isolate the source of the AC issue. It would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection to determine what is causing your AC issues.