Q: Engine stopped running while driving and will not start again.

The engine of my Nissan stopped running on the way to work a couple of days ago. The starter will run and the engine will turn over. But it will not start. All electronics still work in the car and the starter sounds fine. After scanning the computer a P0340 code popped up telling me it was a camshaft position sensor 1. Being a teenager still in high school, need the car fixed soon and I must do it myself. Should I replace the sensor myself or is there something else that is causing the issue

Hey there. As you know, this P0340 code indicates the camshaft position sensor is either faulty or not connected properly. The camshaft position sensor monitors the speed of the camshaft providing the ECU with this information. The ECU uses this information to control the timing of the ignition and fuel. When this sensor is not working properly, this will cause the ignition timing to be wrong, which will ultimately cause the ignition coils not to produce spark. This is what may be causing your no start issue. To verify the repairs that are needed and to avoid replacing unnecessary parts, your best bet is to have a professional diagnose the code in person and follow through with appropriate repairs.

3. Engine stopped running while driving and will not start again.